The Atabec Pumpjack Lock Out Tool’s patented technology is designed to improve worker safety, reduce costs, and reduce the environmental impact of operations.
It minimizes down time and optimizes operational maintenance, all while maximizing safety goals. Counterweights on most pumpjacks can weigh up to 10 tons. That weight, combined with momentum and pinch points, creates extreme danger to employees. Statistics indicate that every year one service employee in the U.S. is killed, and dozens more are injured worldwide while conducting pumpjack maintenance. Do not put your employees at risk – trust the engineered strength of Atabec’s Pumpjack Lock Out Tool.
Atabec’s simple-to-operate hand pump hydraulic lock engages and disengages from outside the danger area. With the hydraulic fork engaged, there is zero crank movement – even with no brake and full power applied to the unit. One hundred percent non-toxic and environmentally friendly fluid is utilized in its closed loop system.
HOW ATABEC WORKS TO IMPROVE WORKER SAFETY
- Isolates & prevents movement of crank arms
- Eliminates need for personnel to enter the swing area to properly lock out the pumpjack
- Safety lock actuated from outside of weight guards
- No crank movement with pumpjack safety lock engaged
- Horse’s head can be installed with weights at any position
- The Atabec Pumpjack Lock Out Tool has a 3:1 safety factor
- Eliminates chain & boomer on sheave or chain on brake
- Safety lock released from outside the danger zone
- Client & personnel confidence that threat of danger is eliminated
- Eliminates usage of the brake pawl
- Eliminates damage when over-centered from applied force
HOW ATABEC CREATES COST SAVINGS
- Permanently mounted on the pumpjack easily and quickly
- Allows pumpjack to be locked at 12:00 position for service rig work
- Allows pumpjack to be locked at 6:00 position for inspection & general maintenance
- Allows pumpjack to be locked at 3:00 & 9:00 position for adjusting counterweights
- Allows pumpjack to be locked at 4:30 position for adjusting stroke length
- Reduces time required to secure pumpjack – no longer requiring locking breakers
- Eliminates requirement of cranes or pickers
- Eliminates potential of cracked sheaves on belt pulley
- Service providers can be trained to engage lock expediting workflow
Engineered for Your Pumpjacks
From concept design to engineered components, each Atabec Lock Out Tool has mounting hardware that is built specific to your pump and mated with our common locking assembly. Quality control is closely monitored through all stages of development, thereby driving maximum value to our customers.
Engineered for all sizes of pumpjacks, including the 1824 models, the tool employs a minimum 3:1 safety factor. A simple yet robust design, you can rely on the strength and durability of Atabec to increase productivity, save dollars, and reduce unnecessary injuries in the workplace.