INTEGRATED ROD STRING SPACING TOOL & ROD ROTATOR
If you are an E&P company who values safety and is frustrated by costs associated with rod pump damage and failures caused by inaccurate rod string spacing and rod string wear, we can help. Traditional rod rotators may experience failures due to sand contamination, however the RotaTap™ is weather sealed and built to last. RotaTap™ reduces safety risk to oilfield personnel and makes fine tuning the rod string spacing quick and easy, while saving thousands in potential maintenance costs and lost productivity.
The RotaTap™ design is based on thirty years of field operation experience and the belief there is a safer, more efficient way to space a rod string improving operability and reliability beyond traditional rod rotators.
To fine tune rod string spacing, 12”- 18” of height adjustability provides a safe and precise method to adjust the rod string without difficulty and safety risks associated with removing the rod clamps.
With excellent results in field trials over nearly five years, the RotaTap tool has met and exceeded performance benchmarks.
WHY ROTATAP IS SUPERIOR TO OTHER METHODS OF ROD STRING ADJUSTMENT
- Artificial lift operations frequently use a rod rotator to reduce erosional wear on the rod string. However, in some areas the geology creates gas interference and thus requires some wells to be tapped/tagged frequently.
- Traditional rod rotators require removal of the rod clamps which is time consuming and exposes the operator to an elevated safety risk with considerable pinch point and body positioning hazards.
- The RotaTap tool’s height adjustability feature eliminates the need to remove rod clamps, and its 12” of travel improves tap accuracy for maximum BHP stroke utilization, thereby reducing risk of pump damage or failure.
- Pump failures result in lost production time, as well as considerable replacement pump and well servicing costs.
- RotaTap is built to last. Manufactured with premium bearings, quality castings and high alloy steel, their robust design and durability set them apart.
- Rotatap works in tandem with Flintec Wireless load cells for seamless data integration.
RotaTap™ reduces the oilfield operator’s risk of injury when adjusting the rod string. This is especially important in remote areas, when the operator is working alone.
The RotaTap tool’s height adjustability allows for an accurate tap to increase pump longevity. Deeper wells may require more frequent minor adjustments due to their complexity.
Field studies show using a RotaTap tool is up to 2-3X faster when tapping/tagging a well. Avoiding premature downhole pump failure saves thousands of dollars. RotaTap extends the life of the rod string by preventing wear. It reduces downtime & lost well production.